About Me

Contact Me/Bio

Live (Infant/Maternity)
Laugh (Family/Kids)
Love (Engagement/Weddings)


4/9/11

Holbert Siblings...

I love capturing siblings! Doesn't matter if they are newborns, toddlers, teenagers, or adults. I especially love brother and sister sessions... There is a special bond that I know very well.
...even though my brother and I are 6 years apart in age we were great friends growing up. He taught me so much about life. He set an example for me. He used to sit behind me and play Mario Brothers and win the entire game, all so I could think it was me playing!
Sure we had our fights and differences, and he used to tease me and give me a hard time, and then there was that one time he dated one of my friends (who he later married so it's all good now). But my point is brothers and sisters love each other not because they have to be but because they want to. Because they fell that bond, because there is that unspoken connection that can never be severed.
Austin & Aubrey have this bond. They pick at each other and I'm sure they fight, a lot. But they are comfortable giving each other hugs. They know how to play and laugh with each other. Neither is too cool for the other... and every time I told Aubrey to "play punch" her brother, she would really punch him and then they would laugh like this...



Austin is wise beyond his years. When I first met him I thought for sure he had to have been a senior in college, not high school. He's mature, confident, and super sweet. 
Aubrey is walking right behind her brother... She was a tad shy in the start but quickly came out of her shell and had us all laughing. 
So another reason Austin is cool is because he has an old 66 El Camino!
I'm a sucker for old cars... Love me some leather seats, exhaust rumble and just that smell that all old cars have. So you can bet your butt when I saw it parked out in front of their house I asked who's it was and if we could use it for our shoot!





the real fun began when we snuck, eh em, I mean when we were welcomed onto a beautiful piece of property to finish up the photo shoot... The light was amazing, the blossoms on the trees made me want to move, and the grass was so tall you could get lost in it!









Sarah & Joe you've done an amazing job with your kids... Looking forward to working with you again when I'm up your way! 
LL

1 comment:

The Spencer Four said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those Holberts, and yes I AGREE Joe & Sarah have done a superb job! Fabulous pics once again Laycee!