About Me

Contact Me/Bio

Live (Infant/Maternity)
Laugh (Family/Kids)
Love (Engagement/Weddings)


11/10/06

November 9, 2006... A day I will never forget...

Yesterday was the 2nd best day of my life. My brother and his wife had there first child: Victoria Kay Silva. She was 7lbs 4oz, 19" long, and was born at 3:01pm on November 9, 2006















I'm not even sure if I can really come close to putting into words the emotion I felt yesterday... it was monumental, and a day I will never forget.



It occured to me last night, that something had changed inside of me. It's like I grew-up in a matter of a few hours... You know when an aunt/uncle or grandma/grandpa says something to the effect of "I remember the day your were born, you were beautiful...", and all you can think is "ok grandma, whatever" That is going to be me...



I am going to look at Victoria one day and say the words "I remember when you were born..."



I'll proced to tell her about when I came to the hospital room and her Mom was having a contraction, and how it made me cry to see her in that much pain.

I'll tell her about when her Dad called me just mintues after she was born and said "Sissey listen, listen, just listen... (Crying) ... I'm coming down right now..."

I'll tell her about watching her Dad walk through the elevator doors and through tears of joy and wonder announce "we have a beautiful baby girl" "She perfect"

I'll tell her that, from the moment I first saw her, all I could do was cry and think about the day she would get married and the day she would have her first child...

My hope is that she will have a younger brother that she can create the same bond with that her Dad and I have; and one day, maybe one day, she'll understand...



She'll understand why I bursted into tears on the drive home because of this song...



"...She's my baby's mother an' she's my best friend. An' she believes in me when I just give up. She takes all my worries an' she gives me love. Yeah, she rocks me to sleep with a sweet lullaby: I thank God for this woman in my life. Now she's two-years-old an' she's my biggest fan. An' I'm wrapped round the finger of her little hand. An' she believes in me when I just give up. She takes all my worries an' she gives me love. Yeah, I rock her to sleep with a sweet lullaby: I thank God for this woman in my life.Oh, I thank God for this woman in my life...



Maybe she'll understand why I have already prayed for her husband and she's not even a day old, maybe she'll understand why I feel a tender love for her, like I have for nothing else on this earth. And maybe she'll understand how proud I am that, I'm the sister to a man who is going to be the best dad in the world and I couldn't have picked a better women to be his wife and her mother.



I love you Victoria Kay Silva... You are a miracle! Love, your Aunt Laycee.










No comments: